Let’s be real, there’s really only one reason we jump on the football bandwagon every year: the food.
Okay, maybe two—anyone else waiting for another historic wardrobe malfunction? This year, up the ante (and nutrition) on your watch party eats by sneaking in some of your favorite Little Spoon Babyblends or repurposing your kiddo’s Plates. Your mini will love these recipes and so will the big kids (aka you).
Is it even a party without your favorite dip? Little Spoon Babyblends are versatile when it comes to dip creation—go the creamy route by using Greek yogurt or opt for a nuttier hummus base packed with veggies.
Kale White Bean Hummus
- Place ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Serve with fresh cut veggies, warm pita bread, or your favorite chip.
Broccoli Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temp
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ⅛ cup Greek yogurt or mayo
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan
- 1 can of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup frozen spinach, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Little Spoon Broccoli Spinach Babyblend
- Combine ingredients and spread in a baking dish, saving ¼ cup of parm cheese for top.
- Cook covered at 350°F for 20-25 minutes, remove cover and broil for 5 minutes for browned top.
If we’re being honest, we believe appetizers are the most superior food group. Maybe we’re just reminiscent of our toddler days, but food you can eat with your hands is always better.
DIY Slider Bar
Mix up a batch of Nikki Dinki’s Spinach Chickpea Meatballs using Little Spoon Blueberry Chickpea Spinach Pear Rosemary Babyblend, toast up some mini hamburger buns, and go all out with toppings.
Here are Little Spoon HQ’s favorite slider toppings for some inspo:
- Caramelized onions
- Pepper Jack cheese
- Chipotle aioli
Goat Cheese Super Nuggets
- Little Spoon Chicken Super Nuggets
- Goat cheese at room temp
- Sliced pickled jalapeño (optional)
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup Frank’s Red Hot
- Handful of chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Cut a small slit in the Super Nuggets and stuff with goat cheese and optional half slice of pickled jalapeño.
- Put nuggets in the air fryer for ~7-8 min to crisp them.
- Mix the Greek yogurt and Frank’s Red Hot for the dip, topping with fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
Chicken Fajita Quesadilla
- Little Spoon Southwestern Chicken Fajita Bowl, prepared
- Shredded cheese
- ¼ ripe avocado
- Flour tortilla
- Start with your tortilla, cutting from one edge to the center (check out @littlespoon on Instagram for a tutorial!).
- Add your ingredients: chicken fajita & peppers in one quarter, smashed avocado in the next, a heaping tablespoon of Spanish Rice in the third and a handful of shredded cheese in the last.
- Fold over the cut section first, then flip over each section until you have a completely folded tortilla. Heat up on stove top or panini press and serve with your choice of dip!
Beer is pretty synonymous with football, but if brew isn’t your go-to, give our creative, fresh fruit cocktails a try. Start the day with a simple, two-ingredient bellini or celebrate with our Mint Mango Mojito—both use Little Spoon Mango Babyblend, so you can make your mini’s leftovers work overtime. Bottoms up!
- 4 ounces Prosecco
- 1 ounce of Little Spoon Mango Babyblend
- Raspberries for garnish
- Add raspberries to the bottom of a champagne flute.
- Add Little Spoon Mango and top with champagne.
Mint Mango Mojito
- 4 ounces sparkling lemonade
- 1½ ounces rum
- 1 ounce of Little Spoon Mango Babyblend
- Ice cubes
- 2 fresh mint leaves
- 1 cucumber sliced for garnish
- In a glass with ice cubes, add the lemonade, rum and mango. Stir until combined.
- Add the mint leaves and place the cucumber on the side of the glass. Serve immediately.
End the night with a sweet and healthy treat for the entire team.
Spooner’s Fruit Leather
- 2 Little Spoon Babyblends of the same flavor, your choice!
- Preheat oven to 180°F and lay parchment paper down on a sheet tray.
- Spread the purees thinly on the parchment and bake 2-3 hours or until dried.
- Cut into bites or roll into strips.
Check out our EASY PRINT OUT RECIPE CARD.