Also known as: hair loss in new moms, excessive hair shedding, hair loss after pregnancy, postpartum alopecia, WTF happened to my pregnancy supermodel hair?
Regularity: Super common. We bet you can find a few moms on the playground who are going through the same thing.
- Don’t freak out, it’s common. Caring for a newborn is hard enough, you don’t need extra stress.
- Take care of yourself. We know this is a hard one but focus on fueling your body with healthy, protein-rich foods.
- As always, talk to your doc if you’re concerned or there are other symptoms involved.
- Read our advice columnist’s breakdown of postpartum hair loss and what’s not normal.
- Hear Registered Dietician Ali Bandier’s take on postpartum hair loss.
- Join our digital community and connect with other parents who’ve been there.