When the weather turns warmer, we’re all about the FOOD. What’s better than kicking with our favorite summer eats and for our babes, that means digging into seasonal bites like Little Spoon’s Limited Edition Just Peachy blend. If we’re being honest, we always order a few extra for ourselves…there’s a reason this flavor sold out last summer! We also love the story behind this blend—Little Spoon gets the juice stone fruit that makes this blend oh so tasty from the largest, oldest and most prestigious family-owned peach processors in the country, Wawona. We sat down with Wawona’s VP of Marketing, Blake Smittcamp, a third-generation peach processor whose grandfather started the company in 1945 after purchasing land in California with stone fruits on it.
At Wawona, it’s all in the family—Blake works alongside his sister, Blair; his father, Bill, President + CEO; and Wawona’s longest standing employee, Albert Peterson (AKA “Pete”) who has been with the company for a mere 62 years. We sat down with Blake to chat all things peaches and not only walked away hungry, but with the Smittcamp family’s Peach Crunch recipe. Let the whole gang enjoy Wawona peaches—Peach Crunch for you and Little Spoon Just Peachy for your mini.
Smittcamp Peach Crunch
- 1 cup Bisquick pancake mix
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter or margarine softened
- 5 cups sliced ripe, peeled peaches (or enough to fill the dish)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Mix all ingredients except peaches and set aside. Place sliced peaches in a 9x9x2 or 9×13 pan.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture over top of peaches
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve warm with ice cream!