What’s the harm in telling your kiddo a few white lies from your parenting handbook? We think there is none, but our young ones might beg to differ when they find out the truth 20 years later. Here are our 10 favorite lies we’ve ever told our children:
1. “It’s way past your bedtime.”
Nothing better than when your kid can’t tell time yet. Once the sun goes down, it can be anytime you want it to be. Follow us for more parenting hacks.
2. “I don’t know where your Halloween candy went.”
Did those 20 extra KitKat bars suddenly go missing? Yep, we’re guilty.
3. “I’ll think about it.”
But will you? Those split-second decisions on a daily basis really start to take a toll.
4. “The Tooth Fairy only comes when you’re sleeping.”
This might be a tale as old as time, but in order to keep the tradition alive as long as possible, those little eyes can’t peep open while we are sneaking a prize under their pillows.
5. “The water turns dark blue if you pee in the pool.”
Let’s be real, nobody wants to be that parent that has to pull their kiddo out of the pool because you specifically told them *not* to go potty in there.
6. “The toy store is closed.”
The store is probably open until late night, but do you really feel like taking a car ride and going on this unplanned journey with your babe? Yeah, we didn’t think so. It’s so crazy how the toy store has such random hours and never happens to be open once school is out!
7. “It takes 7 years to digest your gum if you swallow it.”
Maybe there isn’t a trash can in sight or maybe your mini just loves to try inedible things like dirt or Legos! Either way, what’s the problem with telling them gum is just one more thing they can’t actually eat? We’re sure that will go over well.
8. “If you eat watermelon seeds, they will grow babies in your stomach.”
We’ll wait to have the birds and the bees talk a little bit later.
9. “If you don’t eat your vegetables, your super powers will never kick in.”
Which superhero does your mini want to be when they grow up?
10. “I never lie to you.”
Honestly, we can’t help but laugh.