If there’s one thing we could go back and tell our pre-baby selves, it’s that these little humans would be asking us for something to eat every 12 minutes. Oh, and catch up on your sleep now.
When it comes to snacks, we’re always in the market for a fun, healthy, low-lift option to add to our repertoire. Say hello to our newest obsession: homemade fruit leather. Besides being healthy and delicious, our homemade fruit leather gets bonus points for making use of leftovers and entertaining our kiddo for a few minutes.
Homemade Fruit Leather
- Your favorite Little Spoon Babyblend or Smoothie—we recommend using at least 2 containers or pouches. Fruit-forward flavors work well for fruit leather like the Strawberry Banana Shake Smoothie or Pitaya Pineapple Spinach Banana Coconut Oil Babyblend.
- Preheat your oven to 180°F.
- Spread your Babyblends or Smoothies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You should spread the puree to around ⅛-¼ of an inch thick.
- Pop in the oven and let it dehydrate for around 2 hours.
- Let cool and then cut into strips or squares.
- Enjoy right away or store in a sealed container for 2-3 days.
Need a little help. See our fruit leather recipe video here.