Also known as: BLW, starting solids, introducing finger foods, self-feeding, baby-led feeding.
Regularity: Works for some families, doesn’t for others. Remember, fed is best.
- Look for signs of readiness like good head and neck control, interest in food and sitting up with minimal support.
- Offer food that is safe for your baby to handle, is soft and can be easily mashed.
- Start with long pieces of foods (aka “finger foods”) for baby-led weaning.
- Read more about baby-led weaning and baby food stages.
- Hear a Registered Dietitian’s tips.
- See our FAQ about starting solids.
- Try Little Spoon’s soft, mashable Plates for BLW or get started with purees.
- Join our digital community and connect with other parents who’ve been there.