Also known as: small red bumps on a baby’s cheeks, chin and forehead.
Regularity: Temporary, but BEYOND normal.
- Determine if the bumps you see are acne, a rash, or eczema.
- Just like an adult, wash your newborn’s face daily with warm water and mild, unscented soap. Ask your pediatrician for a recommendation.
- Do NOT pinch, squeeze, or scrub the acne. We repeat, DO NOT.
- Stay away from lotion or baby oils – your baby’s skin is sensitive and needs mild ingredients.
- Be patient – it will go away with time! Until the teenage years…
- Read our tips for soothing your baby’s eczema.
- Join our digital community and connect with other parents who’ve been there.