If you know us, you know we love making use of our leftover Babyblends. What better way to do that than in the form of a warm, veggie-packed soup. This one is super versatile, and though we love using carrot-based blends and fresh carrots, you can also sub for Little Spoon’s Butternut Squash blend and whole butternut squash.
- Little Spoon Sweet Potato Carrot blend
- Little Spoon Carrot Apple Ginger blend
- 1 large onion, small dice
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 large carrots, small dice
- 1 tsp ground fennel seed
- 1 tsp ground cumin seed
- 1 tsp ground ginger powder
- 1 tsp ground cayenne powder
- 2-3 cups stock (vegetable or chicken)
- Kosher salt to taste
- Sea salt, olive oil, and parsley to finish
- Heat olive oil (enough to coat the bottom of the pot) on medium-high in a large stock pot or dutch oven. Add onions, shallot, fresh ginger, and garlic, season with salt and lower the heat. Once the veggies are soft and translucent, add carrots, season again with salt, and lower the heat.
- When the carrots are soft and tender, add the fennel seed, cumin, and ginger powder and keep cooking until aromatic. Add the Babyblends and mix until well incorporated, about 30 seconds with a low flame. Add stock, adjust the flame to very low and simmer, covered, for an hour.
- Blend soup on high until smooth, and strain into a separate vessel (a large bowl or another pot). Serve hot, with olive oil, sea salt, parsley, and a squeeze of lemon.