Also known as: packing your hospital bag frantically, major contractions and screaming, “It’s happening!” to your partner.
- Make a birth preferences list – plans change, so don’t get your heart set on one or more things.
- Take a childbirth education class to feel more empowered.
- Take breastfeeding classes. Knowledge is power!
- Hire a doula to coach you through the process and be your go-to for all questions asked.
- Hire postpartum support to help with doctors appointments, breastfeeding support and more.
- Pack your hospital bag with the essentials: extra pillow, birth ball, aroma therapy, electric candles/lights, music, shower shoes, PJs, outfit to go home in, hair ties, snacks, coconut water/ gatorade/seltzer water, change of clothes and snacks for your partner, nursing bra, favorite toiletries to feel fresh and clean postpartum, baby’s first outfit, electronics and chargers,, postpartum bloomers and leggings.
- Don’t forget to bring the car seat to the hospital! Yes, it happens.
- Prepare your care team for postpartum – have them set up food deliveries, house cleaning and help with the baby so you can shower and rest.
- Feeling nervous? Here are tips to cure the Top 5 Pregnancy and Labor Anxieties.
- Scared to give birth? Read up on our advice.
- Join our digital community and connect with other parents who’ve been there.