We have a confession to make. We frequently finish whatever Babyblends our little doesn’t. I mean who can pass up a bite of Little Spoon Pitaya Pineapple Spinach Banana Coconut Oil? So when chef, cookbook author, recipe developer and mom of two, Nikki Dinki cooked up her Balsamic Honey Mustard Glazed Chicken with Sweet Potato Apple Blueberry Flax Babyblend, we couldn’t get enough. She’s back with another parent-approved dish using seasonal ingredients like corn and Little Spoon Pea Pear Mint.
Makes 15 1-tbsp-sized corn cakes
- 1 5-ounce can whole sweet corn
- Little Spoon Pea Pear Mint
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil*
- ¼ cup sour cream (optional)
- 2 tsp finely sliced scallions (optional
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, Babyblend, flour, cheddar, eggs, salt, and baking powder, and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, drop heaping tablespoons of the fritter mixture into the pan, keeping them as round as possible.
- Cook the fritters until they’re golden brown and crispy, about 3 to 4 minutes, then flip and cook until the other side is brown as well—an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove the fritters from the heat and set on a cooling rack or a paper towel-lined plate. Serve immediately with sour cream and scallions, if desired.
*Note: You can use any high smoke point neutral oil for frying, such as avocado or grapeseed oil.