We hear from so many parents that breakfast is the most difficult meal of the day to get on the table, and we’re right there with you. So we tapped our friend, chef, cookbook author, recipe developer, and mom of two, Nikki Dinki, for a make-ahead breakfast the whole family can dig into. Plus, she snuck in some added nutrition thanks to Little Spoon.
Little Spoon Mini Green Egg and Ham Cups
Makes 24 mini egg cups
- 6 large eggs
- Little Spoon Broccoli Spinach Babyblend
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 slices thinly sliced deli ham, very finely chopped (about ⅓ cup)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped scallion (about 1 whole scallion, green part only)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously grease a mini muffin tin. In a large bowl, crack the eggs and gently whisk them until the yolks and white are blended. Add the Little Spoon Broccoli Spinach and whisk to combine with the eggs. Then add the cheese, ham, scallions, salt, and pepper, stirring to combine.
2. Pour the egg mixture into the mini muffin pan cups, leaving about a ⅛-inch space at the top of each cup and being careful not to overfill.
3. Bake until the eggs are set—about 18 minutes, then flip the pan onto a cooling rack to remove the egg cups from the pan Enjoy immediately, or let cool completely and refrigerate for up to one week, or freeze for up to three months.