Also known as: milestones, developmental milestones, “firsts”, a source of anxiety for many parents.
Regularity: Too many to count. It seems like there’s a milestone per day for baby’s first year.
- Remember, not all babies hit milestones at the “right” time or in the “right” order. Milestones are meant to be a general road map not the end all be all.
- Some are critical to baby’s development (but some aren’t). If your baby is struggling with a milestone, consult your pediatrician.
- Read one parent’s take on missed milestones and why you don’t need to freak out.
- See more about what to expect from the newborn stage through month 18.
- Hear a pediatric physical therapist’s advice on encouraging crawling and walking.
- Join our digital community and connect with other parents who’ve been there.