At Little Spoon, we believe in delicious, nutrient-packed, tasty mealtime without additives, without preservatives or artificial sugar. But we also believe in treating ourselves, and sometimes, you just need something sweet. That’s why we LOVE our candy-making friends UNREAL who are on the same page with low-sugar, all-natural treats that are seriously crave worthy. Grab a bag of their chocolate gems and mix up this sweet dessert for you and your babe.
UNREAL Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (unsweetened) ⠀
- ⅓ cup honey ⠀
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted⠀
- 3½ cups brown rice cereal
- sea salt + cinnamon to taste ⠀
- ½ cup UNREAL gems of choice (we love the milk chocolate)⠀
- Optional: chopped nuts to mix in ⠀
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside. Combine cereal, sea salt + cinnamon in a large bowl & set aside. ⠀
- Melt the peanut butter, honey, and melted coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds. Whisk until a thick glaze forms and pour into the brown rice cereal bowl. ⠀
- Combine until completely mixed then fold in the UNREAL gems & optional mix-ins.⠀
- Press evenly into the baking dish. TIP: using the back of a frosting spatula helps press down and distribute evenly! ⠀
- Place into the freezer for 30 minutes then slice into 9-12 squares. Keep stored in an airtight container in the freezer or fridge for the best texture!
Enjoy 10% off all UNREAL items on Amazon using code 10LITTLESPN from 10/28-11/26!
Recipe courtesy of UNREAL.