Also known as: nutrition therapy and becoming best friends with your pediatrician
- Talk to your child about their allergies so they understand why they can or cannot eat certain foods.
- Always read food labels in detail and suggest your child always ask an adult for help.
- Involve the school – communicate with teachers and administrators so that they can create a safe learning environment free of allergens for your child.
- Pre-plan playdates – connect with other parents before a playdate so that they know what foods are safe to offer your child.
- Try to offer exposure to a variety of non-allergenic foods as often as possible. The more foods that are included in the diet, the less noticeable the “off-limits” foods will be.
- Managing multiple allergies is hard – give yourself compassion for doing the best you can under the circumstances!
- 5 New Ingredients to Introduce to Your Baby or Toddler
- The Basics of Baby Nutrition
- Introducing Salt, Sugar, Dairy and Meat To Your Baby
- Join our digital community and connect with other parents who’ve been there.